MUSIC NOTES (Sunday January 17, 2021)
With everything going on in our nation – pandemic, rioting, MLK Day, impeaching one president, inaugurating the next, etc. it would be easy to feel despair. But, as Pastor Laura put it so well last Sunday, “We have hope, because Jesus is who God says he is.” And this Sunday we have an amazing opportunity to put that hope into action.
1. We’ll read and sing Psalm 139 which teaches us that God knows each of us, individually and corporately, better than we know ourselves. God loves us just as we are, and too much to leave us alone.
2. We’ll read in John’s gospel how the disciple Nathanael asks, “Can anything good come out of Nazareth? (You might as well ask, “Can anything good come out of Chaska?) The reply, “Come and see!”
3. We’ll pray quoting St. Richard of Chichester, “May we know you more clearly, love you more dearly, and follow you more nearly, day by day.”
4. We’ll hear from Pastor Reggie about encounters with Jesus.
5. And we’ll seek inspiration in the spirit of Martin Luther King, Jr., who’s holy leadership broke down barriers between people.
So, we’re going to end worship singing how we can put all that hope into action, “This little light of mine, I’m gonna let it shine. Everywhere I go, I’m gonna let it shine. Jesus gave it to me, I’m gonna let it shine.” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBwJik2FKW0.
Sounds like good church to me!